Customer Service Representative - Dispatch
We currently have an opening for the position of Customer Service Representative - Dispatch based at our Harvester Road Burlington location.
CSR - Customs
- Collect all pertinent paperwork for customs processing
- Closely monitor customs email to ensure immediate response to customs preparation requests
- Work with Brokers and on CBSA website to ensure accurate shipments
- Prepare ACE and ACI manifests
- Provide drivers with competed paperwork
CSR – Dispatch Support
- Assist Load Planners in day to day operation
- Order Entry
- Customer Reports
- Provide drivers with accurate information for picking up and dropping off loads
- Inform drivers of procedures to be followed – e.g. incorrect address, wait times, etc.
- Follow up on dropped trailers
- Accurately close orders in Transportation Management System
- Follow standard operating procedures re transportation of goods, supporting documents, etc.
- Recommend changes to standard operating procedures in order to increase efficiencies on an ongoing basis and to provide corrective action
- Perform on-call services as per department policy
- Hours of Work and days off for General Holidays may be modified as relates to customer demand
- Monitor Hours of Service – advise supervisor when driver is nearing maximum hours
- Assist drivers with issues resolution – loads, equipment, deliveries timing, etc.
- Resource to drivers to resolve personal issues, such as absence, scheduling vacation, other time off, etc.
- Assist Administrators and driver regarding problems with paperwork, driver envelope information, etc.
- Assist Fleet Operations to coordinate contacting driver re: fleet maintenance or safety and compliance needs
- Advise General, Terminal, Driver or Fleet Manager re: need for disciplinary action
- Transportation Management System– critical to access and enter accurate and complete data - information is used by others
- Identify problem areas to Transportation Management System provider / Transportation Administrator
- Cross train in the various operational boards – Logistics, Local/PQ, USA, etc.
- Be prepared to provide coverage related to illness/vacation of other team members.
- Develop an effective working relationship with other Operations personnel
- Provide complete information when transitioning work to other dispatchers
Customer / Industry Relations
- Develop and maintain business network of contacts
- Participate in industry associations, attend related conferences, etc.
Company Knowledge and Mutual Support
- Become knowledgeable about all Sylvite divisions and the products and services they provide to customers
- Demonstrate adherence to ISO standards and other best practices
- Documentation of all processes and tasks for which a function is responsible
- Demonstrate a high degree of service to and collaboration with other business units
- Provide support to other department members maintaining a sense of team
- Provide positive feedback to others when possible; coach others for success
- Recommend opportunities for improvement of processes and systems as a result of the function performed or based on observations
- Recommend opportunities for reducing costs
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS
Key Personal Attributes
- Decision Making Skills
- Problem Solving Skills
- Accuracy / Attention to Detail
- Strong Interpersonal Skills
- Negotiation Skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment
Education, Experience and/or Training Requirements
- 2-3 years’ experience in the Transportation Industry as a dispatcher
- Experience with U.S. Board and Customs
- University/College Degree in Related Field or equivalent experience
- CITT Accreditation – Canadian Institute of Traffic and Transportation – desired
- Industry-Related Training Courses Proficiency with Transportation Management Software, Excel
- TMW Training
- On-the-Job Training specific to Function – proficiency within three months
- General Health & Safety Orientation
- WHMIS Training
- Physical Effort: Normal
- Physical Environment: Normal
- Sensory Attention: High degree of attention to detail
- Mental Stress: Fast-paced working environment